Simple Ways to Ensure Concrete Jobsite Safety
The jobsite presents new challenges and obstacles each day, and we never know what we might find. However, one thing that remains the same is the need for proper jobsite safety and hazard prevention. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), more than 250,000 people work in concrete manufacturing, and over 10% of those workers will experience a job-related injury or illness. The best way to avoid injuries is to take basic precautions to ensure concrete jobsite safety.
Potential Hazards in Concrete Industry
There are many potential hazards that you may encounter on the concrete jobsite. Some of these hazards include:
- Eye, skin, or respiratory tract irritation
- Overexertion or injury from improper lifting
- Over exposure to noise
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Inadequate safety guards on equipment
- Improper use of equipment
The key to reducing injury and maintaining safety on the jobsite is taking proper precautions to avoid these hazards. Many of these dangers can be avoided by simply getting back to the basics when it comes to jobsite safety.
Basic Ways to Stay Safe on the Concrete Jobsite
In order to maintain safety on the jobsite, it is important that you are proactive about taking safety precautions and getting your team the gear and training necessary to effectively complete the concrete project safely.
Here are some simple ways that you can promote safety on the jobsite:
- Make sure your team knows the safety rules that are in place.
- Develop a safety program with guidelines that are tailored to each specific job.
- Regularly check to see that all employees are wearing their safety gear on the jobsite.
- See to it that safety is practiced on the jobsite every day, not just every once in a while.
- Offer incentives to team members who maintain and promote safety at work.
Somero Supports Safety
Overall, maintaining safety will not only help you prevent injuries and keep your team safe, but it will also reduce job costs, which result in higher profits for your company and your team. Somero supports safety by offering our customersproper training and other educational resources on the safe operation of our concrete equipment.
If you have any questions about our selection of innovative equipment or want to know more about our training program, we would love to hear from you. Contact us today.